GUIDELINE FOR CONSTITUTION AND FUNCTIONING OF TEACHERS' COUNCIL FOR THE GENERAL DEGREE COLLEGES OF TRIPURA UNDER HIGHER EDUCATION DEPARTMENT,TRIPURA
- There shall be a non statutory advisory Council of College teachers named as 'Teachers' Council' in all the General Degree Colleges of Tripura under the Education (Higher) Department,Govt. Of Tripura.
- The Teachers' Council shall be constituted for one year to be started from 1st July of every year by selection/election.
- The main objective of the council is to co-operate and keep liaision with the college administration in all respect.
2. Constitution of the Council:
There shall be an executive committee with the following:
- Joint Secretary
There shall be following Committees/Sub-committees of the Teachers' Council
i)Academic & Examination Committee
ii)Social Entertainment ,Library ,Magazine committee
iii)Students' Council Election Committee
iv)Games and sports Committee
The members of different committees will be selected/elected in the meeting of Teachers' Council.The meeting of the Committees/Sub-committees shall be convented by the conveners of each committee.
Powers and functions of the President:
- The principal/the Principal-in-Charge of the institution shall be the ex-officio President of the Council.
- The meeting of the Teachers' Council shall be presided over by the Principal of the Institution or any other teacher as assigned by the authority.
- The Principal of the institution shall have ,for administrative convenience,the right to constitute/re-constitute any committee .
- The President have the right to dissolve the Teachers' Council,if such exigency arises ,with the prior approval of the Director of Higher Education,Govt. Of Tripura.
Powers and functins of Secretary/Joint Secretary:
- The Secretary of the Teachers' Council shall be slected/elected from regular teachers.
- The Secretary assists the college authority in all academic & administratie functioning.
- The Secretary shall be the Principal liason officer between the authority and staff and shall co-ordinate the functioning of all committees and sun committees.
The Secretary shall convence ,with prior apporaval of the authority,the meeting of the Teachers' Council ,to be held reguarly in the 1st week every alternative month and keep records of the proceedings of the meetings which need to be read and confirmed by the members of the council
- The Secretary shall arrange to intimate the members of the Council regarding any decision and guidelines as taken by the authority and /or adopted in the meetig.
- The presence of 3/4th of the members shall make the quorum o the meeting.
- The Joint Secretary shall assist the authority of the institute and the Secretary of the Council.
Modification and Interpretation of Guidelines:
The Teachers' Council shall have the right to revise or modify any earlier decision of the Council.
The composition of present Teacher's Council is as follows
Secretary : Dr. Zakir Hussain
Asstt. Secretary : Sri Manmohan Debnath
Members :All Teaching faculty