The IQAC in the college was constituted in the year 9th July 2012. It plays an important role in the improvement of teaching- learning process and overall quality related aspects of the college. Following is the composition of the present IQAC:
1) Chairman: Dr. Subrata Sharma, Principal-in-charge
2) Administrative Officers: DDO, Librarian, Head Clerk
3) Coordinator: Dr. Anil Kumar Acharya, Astt. Prof., Dept. of Sanskrit
4) Member Teachers:
a.Dr. Manish Nandi,Asst. Prof. , Dept . of Mathematics
b.Mr. Chandan Debnath , Asst. Prof. , Dept of Physics
c. Ms. L. Sailo, Astt. Prof. , Dept. of History
d. Mr. Lalthlamuana Darlong, Astt. Prof., Dept. of Economics
e. Dr. Zakir Hussain ,Asst. Prof. ,Dept . of Education
f. Ms. Jecinta Z. Darlong, Astt. Prof., Dept. of English
5) Nominee from Local society: Mr. Sudhangsu Das ,Honourable MLA, Fatikroy
Mr. Dingliana Darlong,Retd I.A.S ( Ex DM & Collector,Unakoti District)
6) Nominee from Students: Vice President & General Secretary of Student Union Council
7) Nominee from Alumni: President, Alumni Association , Ambedkar College
- Quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and
- Institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To better internal communication.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of an institution
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students on quality-related institutional processes
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the information on various programmes/activities related to the enhancement of quality of higher education
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for coordinating teachers, students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related activities of the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.