Science Forum, Ambedkar College, Fatikroy, Unakoti, Tripura
Tripura State Council for Science & Technology in consultation with Directorate of Higher Education has been decided to launch a programme to form “Science Forum” in each of the institutes of Higher and Technical Education in Tripura. The Science Forum is introduced in 2009 in this institute .The forum has number of activities throughout the year.
Organizational Structure :( As suggested by Tripura State Council for Science & Technology)
The organizational structure of Science Forum be as follows-
i. President: Principal of the concerned college.
ii. Coordinator: One Teacher nominated by Principal preferably having Science background.
iii. Secretary: One Student from the concerned college.
iv. Joint Secretary: One Student from the concerned college.
v. Members: Students from the concerned college.
Objectives of the College Science Forum:
1. To provide a platform to the students of the Institutes of Higher & Technical Education to exchange their views among themselves on Science, Technology and Environmental issues.
2. To provide a forum to the students of Higher & Technical Education to inculcate their inquisitiveness
3. To provide a forum to the students of Higher and Technical Education to interact with eminent scientists and environmentalists.
4. To provide a forum to the students so that through which they can gather information on recent developments / trends in research in the different field of Science & Technology.
5. To provide scope to the students to involve themselves in science & technology related activities.
1. Popular lecture / discussions / debate etc.
2. Observation of important days (National Science Day, Environment Day, Health Day, Earth Day etc.).
3. Preparation of Model / Exhibits for participation in Science Fair.
4. Science Drama Performance
5. Seminar on specific Science & Technology issues.
The composition of the committee for the current session is as follows